I know it’s been pretty quiet on the Salsipuedes front for a while, but we’ve actually been putting things together behind the scenes. And next Sunday, we’re excited to share with you a taste of what Salsipuedes is all about.
We’ll be popping up at The Half Orange location — but with a totally different ambience than you’ll usually find there. And we’re making a 7-course tasting menu to showcase the kind of cooking we intend to do at Salsipuedes, and offering local beer/cider pairings for each dish.
Salsipuedes is at its core a collaborative idea, and we couldn’t be doing this without the support and practical contributions from a bunch of our friends. A lot of talented people are chipping in help — this is not just the Jay and Katie show. Though we will be there, of course, to host this party.
Here’s the food menu for the night:
* Kumamoto oyster, lemon-lime granita, chorizo oil, little spinach
* Koji-marinated Pacific octopus, dashi, jalapeño-mint sauce, Ensenada olive oil
* wild Baja shrimp saltado
* grass-fed beef tongue, uni aioli, pickled pearl onions, guajillo jam
* duck breast and harvest pancake
* Bosc pear, ricotta, honey, black pepper
* dessert by Luis Abundis of Nieves Cinco de Mayo: Chile morita ice cream, sweet potato chips, Mexican chocolate
We’re still working out the beer and cider pairings a little. I’ll post them when I settle the last couple details.
This seven-course meal is $45, and beverage pairings are available for $25. There are two seatings — 5pm and 7:30pm; each seating is limited to about 15 people. To buy tickets, please go to The Half Orange online ordering portal and select “Salsipuedes Pop-up” under “Events”.